WattIQ is a fast-growing enterprise-grade IoT solution that connects thousands of unconnected electrical assets, making it possible for the first time to monitor utilization, health, safety, and location using a single device, the smart plug. The data generated helps customers in pharma, biotech, and other industries to enable asset sharing, make critical procurement and maintenance contract decisions, prevent unplanned device failures, and protect valuable products and science. We obsess over delivering value to the customer and building product and customer relationships for the long term.
We are currently seeking a talented and driven Deployment and Support Engineer for our enterprise business in the Eastern US. Deployment and Support Engineers at WattIQ have the responsibility to design and plan customer installations of WattIQ hardware and services, as well as provide training to customers, and respond to ongoing support issues.
In this role, you will:
* Collaborate with the sales team to understand customer requirements and plan pilot tests, and gather necessary data for full deployment.
* Work with customers to design deployments, select appropriate hardware SKUs for customer equipment, plan the layout and preconfigure (if needed) hardware.
* Perform training with customer employees as needed.
* Monitor incoming support ticket queues for unassigned issues, handling issues that are within the the scope of Tier 1 support, and escalating other issues to Engineering or other staff as needed.
* Manage ongoing support issues with the customer for timing and expectations until the issues can be closed.
The team is distributed, and the company is remote-first. Travel to customer sites within the Eastern seaboard will be a regular aspect of the position (up to 50% travel).
We are specifically seeking a team member able to work with customers during business hours in the Eastern time zone.
We are looking for team members that have thrived working remotely, good familiarity with collaboration tools such as Slack, and solid oral and written communication skills.
2-3 years of experience in pre- or post-sales engineering with companies that provide mixed hardware and software solutions of some type.
2-5 years of experience in instrumentation and control or installing, calibrating, maintaining and repairing equipment or equivalent experience is preferred
Experience with distributed or remote teams, including the use of video conference platforms, shared group calendars and collaboration tools (e.g., Google Docs or Office 365, Google Drive/Dropbox/Box, Zoom/Teams/Webex, Slack)
Experience with shared project management tools appropriate to the group or job function – Salesforce, Trello, or other project management tools such as Microsoft Project
Good written and oral communication skills in English, suitable for collaborating with a distributed team
Company pays 100% for the employee health insurance plan with several plan options.
Flexible PTO policy.
Equity participation through our employee stock option plan.